Why is Cafe World so painfully SLOW

Post » Thu Jan 27, 2011 12:07 am

It is the one gameshs game that run PAINFULLY slow to the point where you can't do anything?
Alan Cutler

Post » Thu Jan 27, 2011 1:02 am

Try Google Chrome. It's not Cafe World that is the problem...it's Flash being used with IE.
Bee Baby

Post » Wed Jan 26, 2011 10:24 pm

This is just not so. I play more than one gameshs game and Cafeworld is the only one to run like crap.
+++CAZZY

Post » Thu Jan 27, 2011 10:27 am

I do not us EI and i have the same problem with cafe world also getting annoying game not in sync please refresh only to have same message op up when done reloading. I even stopped playing for 3 weeks hoping problem would be solved, nope still there
Natasha Biss

Post » Wed Jan 26, 2011 9:05 pm

I have this problem too. Chrome will in fact run it better than IE, but it is still pretty slow and it's very annoying trying to get things done. It's to the point where i barely want to play it because of this. It's the only gameshs game i have problems with as well.
Lakyn Ellery

Post » Thu Jan 27, 2011 9:51 am

Actually, I just found another thread that mentions the app having problems with multi core CPUs. Apparently setting your web browser to run on one core improves performance.

http://forums.gameshs.com/showthread.php?t=333348

I tried this, and the game runs more smoothly now. My CPU usage dropped from mid 60s down to mid to upper 30s. The animations are still kind of choppy when lots of people are walking around, but it's no where near as bad as before.
Daniel Holgate

Post » Thu Jan 27, 2011 8:39 am

Don't you find it a bit absurd to have to hack your own computer to make what should be a simple game work? I, for one, don't want to mess with the configurations I spent buckets of money on for one gameshs game. Just read what lengths people are going to...
gameshs, get your act together. I have been saving my money in Cafeworld to expand my cafe, which doesn't seem to be coming any time soon. I like the decor I now have, and changing the design or arrangement of tables and stoves isn't going to make any difference at this point. I just pick food that takes 24 hours or more to cook, and visit once a day to do a maintainence check, but no real playing any more. I am for sure not gong to spend real dollars to buy (the most) interesting decor items. What a scam that is. Come on now.
Mizz.Jayy

Post » Wed Jan 26, 2011 7:03 pm

Well of course there could be other issues. The bottom line is that since the game came out, lots and lots of people had problems with Cafe World running on IE, but the game ran fine on Google Chrome.
YO MAma

Post » Wed Jan 26, 2011 7:36 pm

As long as my cafe had 10 tables there were no slow down issues. If I visit a neighbor that has an elaborate design, the browser slows to a crawl.

I completely agree with the above. It is for the dev team to fix the issue, not the user to modify they're "affinity". Which only works each time you open the brower. If you close the browser and relaunch, you'll need to repeat the process.
marie breen

Post » Wed Jan 26, 2011 7:13 pm

Hi . I dont have IE, I have always tried runing CW on Safari and on Firefox. It has always slowed my computer down to unusable, everytime I use it. I needed to download Google Chrome for something else anyhow, so I did, and it did kind of run sort of acceptably but...I just don't think its right that a GAME can cause so many problems that the entire system is slowed down to about 1% of its normal speed. I dont know exactly how to check it on a Mac & I dont mean literally 1% but I'l bet its not much faster than that.
I just came on here again to see if there had been any kind of improvement made because I want to play so badly.
glot

Post » Thu Jan 27, 2011 3:47 am

I had been having problems all day yesterday and earlier today, it took forever to get just a few dishes cooking... this afternoon, I tried on Firefox (after downloading newest version of Flash Player) instead of IE7, and it worked much much better. Still a few "out of sync" errors, but not slow at all.
lilmissparty

Post » Thu Jan 27, 2011 6:12 am

well well I had a bad day and went to my cafe to relax, what a joke that was it has taken me over one hour to get my food and re cook downright pathetic. I am level 64 and sick to death of it now, every level I think oh I get something decent now what do I get zilch.
But will complain about that another time if I stick around after today, I play FT FV and they have their problems but CW is the worst and getting worse over the past three days, to the point where I have done a one day meal and thats it for me today, enough is enough.
between not responding, out of sync, lost interent conection, (ha ha) cafe grinds to a halt, freezes, stops whole pc work to the point I have to re-boot. the only thing I have not got is the chrome will try it, if the devs get their acts together,
you put the neighbours up to add more, what happens I freeze, same with the share I freeze, and whats with the stupid balloons I freeze with those also, dare not visit a neighbour will not get back again, the whole game is a ****ing joke I can do without
koumba

Post » Wed Jan 26, 2011 7:42 pm

Have just changed my browser to Chrome and CW runs SO much better...still a very little bit stilted, but nowhere NEAR as bad as it has been!
lauraa

Post » Thu Jan 27, 2011 7:10 am

yes its true I cannot play cafe world on my IE although all my other games play fine...CW takes more juice or whatever...when I installed google chrome my CW started playing fine...consider trying it...
Haley Merkley

Post » Thu Jan 27, 2011 12:30 am

I have to say have played CW for a few months now with the same lagging issue, finally changed to GOOGLE CHROME this last week and VOILA! CW is a gem to play again! I can have my buzz rating at max, tables set out correctly (no dead spots) and no issues with cooking! TRY GOOGLE CHROME! CW was the only gameshs game I had issues with and was about to quit when changed browsers, it really is a dream
Horse gal smithe

Next

Return to Café World