New Mastery Board Causing Game to Crash/Freeze

Post » Tue Jul 10, 2012 7:18 am

Has anyone else noticed that although very 'pretty', this high intensity graphic mastery board is causing the game to crash/freeze up?

I am finding whenever I fully master a crop, tree, or animal to Level 3 I get the first pop up telling me of the mastery but then the game freezes or blackens waiting for the Mastery Board to also pop up...which it never does! I am forced to reload each time only to find (in the case of animals especially) that I've mastered a couple, not just the one that the pop up showed.

It has to be the Mastery Board itself causing the flash to crash as pop ups for level 1 or 2 mastery haven't caused this problem to occur.
Umpyre Records

Post » Tue Jul 10, 2012 7:22 am

It's been happening to me for about a month (before the "new" board even)
courtnay

Post » Tue Jul 10, 2012 1:46 pm

I have crashed and been forced to re-load 7 times in the last 40 minutes while trying to harvest my animal pens on the farms.

This mastery board is causing the crashes and makes it very difficult to play. My flash player is updated; there are no error messages; and I am using the latest version of Chrome.

This has just started in the last 48 hours...with every mastery of level 3's animals. I don't usually harvest my pens daily but for this present leader board lots of feed is needed. Now I know why I don't...forced reloads are most annoying, time consuming, and other than looking pretty, the new Mastery Board doesn't do anything the old one already didn't do. If it's not working and causing problems, then please fix it.
Crystal Clarke

Post » Tue Jul 10, 2012 5:45 am

My mom has been having this problem incessantly and it's driving her nuts!

Same as you, it's been the last couple days. She's using Firefox, though - but otherwise, her experience has been identical to yours. Getting a third mastery star triggers the Mastery Window opening, which locks up her entire game/browser, then finally boots her out of the game entirely.

I hope they can fix this soon! My mom and I love playing Farmville together, but the game's been really frustrating for her with this
Eibe Novy

Post » Tue Jul 10, 2012 11:49 am

Having the same problem for the last three days, when I get a third mastery star, every thing freezes It gets really tiresome having to reload the game six or seven times in less than an hour.
Katie Pollard

Post » Tue Jul 10, 2012 2:52 am

same here for me too.. thought just my old pc.. but since they have the new board which i like..when mastering it freezes...
I personally don't feel we need to have that pop up after a 3 star mastery.. it's there to look at any time.. We've already had the pop up about the mastery.. why have another. Just disable that second pop of the main mastery board.
Casey

Post » Tue Jul 10, 2012 9:01 am

Same here even when I try my son's brand new gaming computer. Every time I master something my computer fan just roars like a jet then freezes and frequently crashes the browser (chrome, IE and Firefox) which then triggers the "browser wasn't shut down properly screen.
Rusty Billiot

Post » Tue Jul 10, 2012 6:44 am

Mastered 10 trees today...Yippee NOT. That meant 10 RELOADS of the game in just 30 minutes.

Ridiculous, annoying and totally frustrating. Fixing this should be a major concern for gameshs. It's going to drive players away from this game.

Stop triggering the Mastery Board trying to pop up after a level 3 mastery. IT'S NOT WORKING!!!!!!
Daddy Cool!

Post » Tue Jul 10, 2012 7:27 am

Same here with new mastery board
Rinceoir

Post » Tue Jul 10, 2012 9:53 am

Yes, same thing here. I hadn't really noticed the relation to the crashes and the Mastery Board until today. I get Flash Crashes when switching farms half the time but today, with 3x mastery going on, I'm noticing more and more that the delay in bringing up that new mastery chart is going hand-in-hand with the flash crash. Sometimes if I wait it will resume. Other times it requires a reload.

Chrome. Both local and flash cache cleared a million times so far today.
Robert Bindley

Post » Tue Jul 10, 2012 3:58 am

This problem is driving me nuts. Every time I 3 star something it pops up freezes and the game needs to be reloaded. It's making me so angry at the game im getting annoyed playing. Hope they get it together.
Zoe Ratcliffe

Post » Tue Jul 10, 2012 9:32 am

The problem with it is they have it so advanced with graphics, it takes it a long time to load. If your pc does not have adequate CPU/RAM it won't load, instead it will lock up your game.

Craftshop is becoming the same way. Takes mine forever to load, and it lags so bad I can hardly craft anything.
Kelly Tomlinson

Post » Tue Jul 10, 2012 4:04 pm

Adobe flash has been crashing on me since last week and always when im on farmville...Other friends of mine have the same issues today especially I've had to restart more often than not
When it comes to the mastery boards i dont think we need the graphics
Jeremy Kenney

Post » Tue Jul 10, 2012 9:33 am

When it comes to the mastery boards i dont think we need the graphics
I am so with you on this. I cringed when I saw the leader board and that tree mastery part. Already today while harvesting animal pens I was hoping not to get to any level 3's but my timing was off. Normally I love to finish mastering an animal or tree but now I hate it. Had to reload 5 times because in each of my pens on HP a level 3 mastery was achieved.

C'mon gameshs stop the trigger...who needs to see inside the mastery board. The most frustrating part is knowing that every time you have to reload it will happen again. At least if the damn thing wasn't so graphic heavy you could get it to load once and then you don't have to worry because it won't load on the second level 3.

Why when something is so aggravating, annoying and frustrating to your players don't you fix it. I've spoken to other neighbours and they are having the same problem so it isn't just the few who are coming to the forums to report it...it's many, many more.
Penny Wills

Post » Tue Jul 10, 2012 3:15 pm

I'm as frustrated, possibly moreso, as well. For 2 days now, when I try to load FV, Adobe Flash crashes or FV doesn't load. I have the most recent version of Adobe Flash, plus both FireFox and Chrome and in neither browser will FV load completely. In Chrome, FV times out and doesn't load, in FireFox, Adobe Flash crashes. Caches have been cleaned out and I've tried everything I know how to get it to load. Too, Adobe Flash crashes when I'm changing farms. Visiting my neighbors is easy as there isn't that screen advertising Jade Falls. I've invested alot of money into my farms because I like to play FV. Now it's no longer fun as I can't get it to load, and when it does, if I try to change farms it crashes.
Juan Suarez

Next

Return to FarmVille