How much internet does farmville take up?

Post » Mon Jan 03, 2011 3:25 am

How much internet does farmville take up? (Does it even take up much?)
I started playing this month and soon realised how much bandwidth was used up. Farmville was the only new internet program I've added into my daily routine. Can someone figure an approxmiation on how much the program uses in 1 month?
Natasha Callaghan

Post » Mon Jan 03, 2011 6:18 am

You realized this how?
brenden casey

Post » Sun Jan 02, 2011 7:39 pm

Well only developers can answer u this, i dont really think that they have free time to answer your question...
Flash games are big, but mine suggestion is when u load it once u dont close a window until u end ur daily job at farmville. Ur are downloading some parts of software ( if not all ) everytime in your temp folder. That downloading is making your bandwidth go wild. Dont know actually if hole .swf file downloads first on your PC ( That would kill ur bandwidth for sure. )

So i guess that ur downloading every time u log in at FarmVille, lets say 300-400KB or even more.
Ofcourse this might not be true, as i have said in first line only developers can exactly answer ur question.
Harinder Ghag

Post » Sun Jan 02, 2011 7:58 pm

The game has nothing the do with bandwidth. The only thing that occurs when you play is to connect to the server and download you farm, exp, coin etc. and then update the server when you leave the connection. This data is not substantially big I am guessing, but what throws off the servers is the massive amounts of connections and queries that are made.
Breanna Van Dijk

Post » Mon Jan 03, 2011 6:29 am

Man he has limited bandwidth....Ever heard of it? And he ask how big are files he downloads when he connects to FarmVille. I dont really think that he download farm, exp, coin... Its all database data which are pull out from database.
liz barnes

Return to FarmVille