Facebook Screen Constantly Reloading

Post » Mon Jan 17, 2011 10:50 pm

Issue : Screen reloads/refreshes automatically at random intervals when playing gameshs games including Mafia Wars, Cafe World, Farmville, Frontierville, Treasure Isle, and perhaps others. It appears mostly to occur when first entering a game, but is also known to happen when clicking various links/actions from within a game as well (especially Mafia Wars links). It can also happen when I'm doing nothing more than adding neighbors or accepting gifts for these games. Sometimes, the reloading stops after 2 or 3 screen flashes. Sometimes I have to completely close a browser to get the reload loop to stop.

My System : Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit, 8GB ram, Adobe Flash 10,1,53,64, JavaVersion 6 Update 20, Browsers : Chrome Plus 1.3.9.0 (default), Firefox 3.6.3, Safari 5.0 (7533.16), IE 8.0.7600.16385.

The problem happens in EVERY browser on my system, at the random intervals described above. I have attempted to resolve this problem myself by doing the following...

1) Reformat/reinstall entire operating system (only takes about 30 minutes and I do it once a month anyway).

2) Cleared all browser caches, uninstalled/reinstalled Flash/Java, uninstalled/reinstalled all browsers except IE.

I'm pretty sick of the problem. When you combine this issue with the others such as white screens, partially-loading screens, and other things, these games are pretty damned frustrating to try to play. This does NOT happen on any other Facebook game outside of gameshs games. I have a couple of other games installed to my account and they work as fine as they ever have. I never see the reloading/refreshing loop or the white screens or the partially loading screens.

Please advise. This appears to be something on your end. There isn't much else I can do except describe the problem as best I can and hope for you guys to fix it.

Thanks
Alada Vaginah

Post » Tue Jan 18, 2011 6:05 am

Oh, I forgot to add...the reloading loop issue began for me about a week to ten days ago. I am not certain exactly when it started. I first noticed it in Mafia Wars, and have increasingly began noticing it in the other games I mentioned in the original post.
Dalley hussain

Post » Tue Jan 18, 2011 9:30 am

Started approximately four days ago that I noticed.
Same issue in FF and Chrome
Chantel Hopkin

Post » Tue Jan 18, 2011 6:29 am

FIX THIS!

With all the drama and witch-hunting surrounding the automation grabbers in games, members are looking sideways at each other. MY gifts are being scrutinized...accused of causing reloads & white pages. Even that they're more problematic then others....hmmm. My little fingers worn to the bone clicking away to gift my mafia family, while being sized up as a bot-cheating-gift-******er/sender!? HURRY, before my public stoning begins!
Mark Hepworth

Post » Tue Jan 18, 2011 2:49 am

Becky, you are not responsible for the "Reload Dance." I've posted this before. During one episode of this load/reload/dancing loading-not-loading-page thing, I put my pointer tip near the end of the browser's address window, to click the X to stop the page from loading. A text bubble appeared, saying something about the page trying to load a cookie. I saw the message more than once. So... it seems that the real culprit, the one to be stoned in public, is ADVERTISING on the game pages. More specifically, this one is Facebook's problem to fix. Facebook is hosting some ads that are trying to grab information from our computers that our protection programs are not going to let them have. Thus, the load/reload dance... as the cookie keeps getting rejected over and over again. So... neither you nor gameshs are responsible for this one.
Roddy

Post » Mon Jan 17, 2011 7:50 pm

This all sounds nice and everything but I'm afraid it doesn't apply to my situation. The only time(s) my screen loops is when interacting with gameshs games. I play a few other non-gameshs games and I have not had the looping I described above. I'm not saying you are wrong. I am saying you cannot dismiss this as a gameshs problem.
Sian Ennis

Post » Tue Jan 18, 2011 8:13 am

has anyone found a solution to this yet?????
Laura Tempel

Post » Tue Jan 18, 2011 3:30 am

It's weekend, they are not working... and if you are playing San Juan, you know the knife you attack on the boss with 8xp reward did not deduct from your experience. Pretty bad with a simple bug that gone unnoticed?
Leilene Nessel

Post » Tue Jan 18, 2011 4:22 am

Actually I believe this problem is related to the changing "presents" up at the top of the screen, as each picture changes to show the different types of free gifts to send, the whole browser page renews, I think they may be working on it as it seems not to be happening to me as much, but I really believe that's the problem.
Check when it happens to you, sit on the home screen of MW, and watch the little Gift Frame up at the top of the page, as each picture changes, some peoples browser's refresh the whole thing, as I clear my cache every time I turn off my browser, it's slow at first to catch up, then eventually goes with it as it collects all the pix again...yeah, a pain...sigh, I've lost loot, different types of cash while trying to bank it while under attack and of course gifts...get a message "oh no, something happened, we are looking into this". Ugh
Sun of Sammy

Post » Tue Jan 18, 2011 8:12 am

I am having the same problem.. not only gameshs games for me, but also Playfish games.. tried to clear my cache, but that didnt help me at all..
Jeneene Hunte

Post » Tue Jan 18, 2011 4:01 am

any responds on this one?.. if they are checking into it or are aware of this problem?..
alyssa ALYSSA

Post » Tue Jan 18, 2011 5:57 am

I don't have many ideas tbh. Only things I could come up with would be to disable all Browser Add-Ons, Flash Blockers, etc. Possible try disabling Security Software, or trying again on another PC.
lisa nuttall

Return to Mafia Wars