1. Franchises: I should not be out any money for my business until and unless it is both accepted AND built by my neighbor. At that time, my coin account may be automatically drafted for the purchase price. If my neighbor ignores my request (neither accepting nor denying my business), then the offer should be off the table within 24 hours.
2. Energy: The running currency of this game is basically energy units. If energy is necessary for collecting money from already established businesses AND already established rental units AND harvesting crops AND each additional build required for new buildings - then there has to be a fair way to earn those energy units (other than pestering the life out of your neighbors with constant begging). I propose a new community building for this purpose - an energy plant. I don't care if it's a hydro-electric dam, a nuclear power plant, or a wind turbine farm - as long as it's renewable energy (otherwise, how else would it keep producing energy units?). Actually, offering a choice of power plants might be another way to keep the game expanding.
3. Crops: I notice that you can only water your neighbors crops, but not your own. As further incentive to the game-makers to provide the above mentioned energy facility as another build, I propose a well and/or water storage tower (and there goes a couple more builds). That way, you can water your own crops to make them grow faster in times of panic over not having enough town goods to supply your businesses with. You would, of course, be using energy units to water your crops - and this provides more justification for the energy plant.
4. Bonuses: A limit on how many general bonuses you can collect via clicks on a given feed is fine. But you should be able to collect all specific bonuses given directly to you by a particular neighbor. If it was expressly meant for you, then you should be able to get it. Ditto for fulfilling express requests sent directly to you by your neighbor.
5. Feeds: Speaking of feeds, that reminds me - currently, it is set up to have feeds posted on your Facebook wall AND in-game. This is highly annoying and difficult to manage. I would prefer and highly suggest making it in-game only. With the sheer amount of neighbors you need to progress in this game, your feed wall gets absolutely filled with these messages. This is problematic because requests for help get buried in the pile of messages and expire before you can get around to helping your neighbor and vice versa.
6. Messages: Oh yeah, that brings me to another point (hm - maybe there is some order in this post, after all) - the constant pop-up messages for "You have just completed this collection" and "You are almost out of energy" are ill-timed. They mess up your flow when you're trying to go on a collecting spree to bump your bonus meter to earn some major bonus coinage. If there is any way to delay acknowledging these messages and make them something you can click on after the fact, that would be GREAT.
7. Expansions: There is currently only one expansion slot size available, and it is a bit overpriced. For a grid that size, the price should be 15,000 coins - max. There should also be a grid twice that size for twice that price. And so on and so forth. That way, the player has some control over how much expanding they really need and can plan their city out with more forethought.
8. Game play mechanics: How do I, a non-developer, explain this one? The screen sometimes gets to moving around on you. I don't know how to fully describe it - but it makes for an interesting game of digital tag trying to pin an area down. This might be fixed by providing a full-screen option? And that little axe all over the place freaks me out. Could you please put that in the pop-up list box along with the move, rotate, and remove features?
9. Trophies: Yes, I know - there aren't any trophies in the game... yet. But if you were to offer optional quests, there could be.
By golly, I hope that's everything. I didn't mean to write a manuscript here. I would just like to see these improvements made to the game. Thanks so much for providing me this forum in which to make these proposals. Keep up the good work.
EDIT: Ah crap - I knew I forgot something.
10. Refresh time: Instead of having a 24 hour cycle for each neighbor visit, each limit on collecting bonuses - have a set time for those activities/abilities to refresh. Say - 1 AM in whatever time zone. That way, when you are trying to help out your neighbors, you can do it in one fell swoop instead of having to go back and re-check who you have and haven't visited because your help energy is only available starting at whatever time you just happened to add them as a neighbor was.
Okay - I'm calling that an even 10 and if I have forgotten something else on this Xmas wish list - then oh well for me!