best browser to use? for castleville

Post » Sat May 18, 2013 5:58 pm

I have windows 8 and I have tried all browsers. went back to ie10 because it was working great again, now the same glitches, telling me to update flash (when I don't need to etc) they all seem to work great in the beginning but then eventually start freezing and giving me messages about flash not working or confusing me about the difference between embedded browser and to take one of them off(chrome). chrome and firefox worked best for a while, but then failed again. I use 64 bit windows 8 but use browsers on desktop and not on metro tiles because they don't work well. thanks
Kortknee Bell

Post » Sat May 18, 2013 2:03 pm

Use Waterfox. it is a 64bit and I have been using for many months now and no longer have crashes.
Steven Hardman

Post » Sat May 18, 2013 9:27 pm

Waterfox. It doesn't crash, or at least once in a blue moon.
Kelly Osbourne Kelly

Post » Sat May 18, 2013 9:47 pm

I agree with the above - Waterfox is awesome for Castleville! I don't really like it for other things, but it is definitely the best I've found for this game.
Jon O

Post » Sat May 18, 2013 10:04 pm

Waterfox is memory hog try looking up Nightly
Joey Bel

Post » Sat May 18, 2013 11:42 am

Waterfox worked better for awhile, then it started dying just as much as the others. There is something very wrong on the gameshs side of this game. I constantly get cpu performance messages when I play the game, on Google. I went back to that because gameshs said it worked the best for their game. It makes my computer work very hard for it though. lol
Alexxxxxx

Post » Sun May 19, 2013 12:13 am

I'm using Google Chrome and it does really well. If it stops working well, I will check out Waterfox. Google Chrome works really slow with my local televison news station that I check every day, and Internet Explorer, after a couple of months, wouldn't do much of anything, I have uninstalled it actually.

I personally don't think the crashes are caused by gameshs. Castleville uses a huge amount of memory, and some computers are just not up to it.

At least once a week, I do a disk cleanup, defrag, manual virus scan, empty cache's, just normal maintenance that I always did even before Castleville. It's amazing what just a 5 minute disk cleanup will do.
Kieren Thomson

Post » Sun May 19, 2013 12:41 am

I changed to chrome and all was great for a while but then it started to crash all the time, I wanted to try waterfox but cant figure out how to work it, downloaded the programme but can get it to work as a browers ? but I guess it will just keep crashing too so just gotta live with it
Alex Blacke

Post » Sat May 18, 2013 10:24 pm

I played on IE for a long time until I finally had to give in and download Chrome. It worked better for a while but still way too much crashing. I finally switched to Waterfox today and it has been like a miracle so far!!! I have plenty of memory so that is not an issue on my computer. So far I am definitely happy with Waterfox. WHAT A RELIEF TO NOT CRASH EVERY 5 MINUTES
Ana Torrecilla Cabeza

Post » Sun May 19, 2013 1:10 am

I think the problems are account oriented. I have read in these forums - using the same computer, one person in the household has no problems but another account in the household suffers constant crashes. My account constantly crashes no matter what browser I use.
James Hate

Return to CastleVille