Best browser to play games with?

Post » Sun May 22, 2011 9:41 am

Chrome runs slower for me than Firefox, and almost always gives me a non-responsive flash/shockwave error when I visit neighbors' farms. Firefox has not once given me a problem with FV.

It would be an interesting study to compare the different computers and figure out why some people have better luck with Chrome and others with Firefox.
Lisha Boo

Post » Sat May 21, 2011 10:59 pm

Chrome for me
Barbequtie

Post » Sun May 22, 2011 5:11 am

Please everyone, GOOGLE your questions! I was searching for a new internet browser here of late anyways and thought I wanted mozilla. Well, I used to have Google Chrome so that would have been a BIG step down! but I found one that was about the same as chrome: Apple's "Safari" It doesn't have all the flair of mozzila or chrome, but you just have to see this to believe it! Internet Explorer is almost at the bottom of fastest browsers, then it's seamonkey, mozzila, lunascape, minefield, opera, and Google Chrome/Safari fight for the top. Either one of those 2, I recommend Safari because Google has issues with Alex Jones and reverse racism, which is why I switched (I'm crazy for Alex Jones.)

here is a link to some info on it, you can also just look up "peacekeeper benchmark" in your search and test your computer for yourself to get an updated chart of the fastest browsers *and which one works best for YOUR PC/Mac!!!* oh and the peacekeeper is free, too, just tried it yesterday

http://www.ghacks.net/2009/05/03/int...k-peacekeeper/
Siobhan Thompson

Post » Sun May 22, 2011 6:55 am

You have a trojan...many of them of the google browser itself most likely or one that attacks it easily. Maybe you should hit up c-net.com and get Malware-Bytes Anti Malware?
Kayleigh Mcneil

Post » Sun May 22, 2011 7:51 am

No, I do not have a trojan. And I honestly can't believe someone would actually recommend Safari for flash-based games.

Googling something does not make you an expert.
Matt Bee

Post » Sun May 22, 2011 3:16 am

Right-click on your My Computer icon and choose Properties. Then Advanced tab, Performance - Settings, Advanced tab, Virtual Memory - Change. Make sure Custom Size is checked, then up the values in Initial Size and Maximum Size. It can vary based on system specs, but you're probably safe with 1500 and 3000. Then click Set and OK your way out.
Megan Stabler

Post » Sat May 21, 2011 8:50 pm

I am on a laptop and use IE8 on Win7. I've usually been ok except today. It's crashed several times which has been the biggest PITA as I was trying to buy and rearrange my farm with the new Californian items. Probably could do with a restart tho. It's been on the go since 8am and it's well past midnight now. I also seem to be getting the "upgrade Flash" message alot since the last update. Oops, there it goes again (crashing). Time for bed I think.
Anne marie

Post » Sun May 22, 2011 12:32 am

Chrome by far is the best in my personal opinion... That is all that I use for anything on the internet now.
laila hassan

Post » Sun May 22, 2011 1:20 am

WTF!? It's a wonder you can run any programs, let alone play FarmVille. Anti-virus programs run in the background eating up RAM and CPU power. It is a general rule that you only run one anti-virus app; more AV programs running does not necessarily mean you are more secure. Choose one and stick with it. You can Google reviews about which one is best for you.
Claudz

Post » Sat May 21, 2011 6:33 pm

Fastest way to play any Flash games on gameshs is with Google Chrome and playing in full image!
No Name

Post » Sun May 22, 2011 12:29 am

I switched to Google Chrome and is doing great so far... my farm is big with lot of things and was always laggy with firefox.
Vincent Joe

Post » Sat May 21, 2011 9:48 pm

Currently the best browsers to play Flash games are:

1. Google Chrome
2. Mozilla Firefox
3. Everything else
4. Internet Explorer

But if you have a slow computer, even Google Chrome can only give you marginal benefits. Take for example my experience. I play FarmVille and Cafe World on 3 different computers, all using Chrome.

My desktop: Home-built Core 2 Duo 3.0 GHz, 4 GB RAM, GeForce 9800GTX+, Windows 7 64-bit
My mom's desktop: Acer Aspire X1200 w/ Athlon X2 2.9GHz, 3 GB RAM, GeForce 8200 integrated graphics, Windows Vista 32-bit
My netbook: Eee PC 701 4G Celeron 900 MHz, 1 GB RAM, Intel GMA 900 integrated graphics, Windows XP SP3

On my desktop, both games run smoothly. On my ma's desktop, FV runs with occasional lag, however CW becomes noticeably choppy when customers are coming and going at full buzz. When I use my netbook (when I go out, or when the wife needs to use the desktop), FV is laggy but playable, while CW is super laggy even with the doors closed (but it never freezes).

I used to be a Firefox advocate, but gameshs's games made me switch to Chrome.
Brιonα Renae

Post » Sun May 22, 2011 6:48 am

What is wrong with Safari?

On my Mac I use Safari and FF, and sometimes Opera.

I had given up on FF for FV and switched to Safari - which I NEVER used as a browser.. but there is that annoying issue with the popups and the pointer that is semi-fixable, but still annoying.

FF just ran soooooo slow that I wanted to cry at times and I would constantly force quit and restart. I did chock it up to a lot of extensions and Firebug, which I need for my work, and having tons of tabs open, which I also need for my work.

But I always had to send gifts from FF bc the interface doesnt work in Opera on Mac or PC, and barely works in Safari.

Finally downloaded 3.6, and wooah. IN LOVE. So fast. Such an improvement. However, I lost one critical function of FF. The ability to reload the frame popup/publish window when the submit button gets stuck. You can't right-click at all in the popup when it is over a Flash window in 3.6.

On my PC at work, I use Opera and FF and sometimes IE. IE can be fast at times for FV, but in general will just crash all the time.

FF is very slow to open up "look inside" windows and the gift box/collections windows tho. I am holding off on the upgrade to 3.6 tho in case I lose the reload frame feature there also, because I do my publishing from FF usually.. and farming and gift claiming/emptying out box from Opera.. which is much faster, but can also fail at publishing sometimes.

Also, I usually have to manage several accounts, and FF is the only one that saves usernames and passwords for the same site, so that is another plus for FF.
Isaac Saetern

Post » Sun May 22, 2011 6:08 am

Like the rest of your message showed, it's just not the best browser out there, even on a Mac now - especially for flash games.
Josephine Gowing

Post » Sat May 21, 2011 11:26 pm

i use google chrome, love it, have no troubles with it. if something is going on 90% farmville posts something and then i know its them and not me. i used to use firefox for everything but then it started acting dumb, guess i didnt download the newest version, IE is just HORRIBLE for all gameshs games, my friends b**** everyday about there games and when i tell them to get chrome they have no idea what im talking about or they just dont listen.
Cheville Thompson

PreviousNext

Return to FarmVille